Friday, June 5, 2009

#1 FAQ: What Is My Hair Care Routine *updated*

Hi Beauties,

Many of you have asked what is my hair care routine.
Honestly, I am more of a makeup person and so when it comes to my hair, I really don't like to fuzz with it much. I found a system that works for me and doesn't require too much labor. (so I can have more time to play with makeup, lol).

What I use?
Devachan salon hair products. www.devachansalon.com

Wash?
No-Poo "Shampoo"
This product doesn't make suds. It is a creamy consistency.


Conditioner?
Devachan One Condition to comb out the tangles with a wide tooth comb in the shower. I do not wash it out at all.

Once I come out of the shower, I towel dry my hair. If I have extra time, I'll get some Bounty Paper Towels to remove some of the water from my hair instead. They recommend also using a white cotton t-shirt instead of a towel because you can avoid frizzy-ness.

Treatments:
I recently discovered the Devachan Heaven In Hair deep moisture treatment. I've used it about 7 times and it leaves my hair super shiny and soft. Would highly recommended this. I use this about once a week.

Gel?
A few descent palm fulls of Devachan Angell to spread allover my hair.
I scrunch my hair to 'activate' my curls.

At the part in my hair, I use a few hair clips to lift the hair from the root. This creates volume once your hair is try.

I then dry my hair with a regular hair dryer and diffuser.
Once it's all dry, I scrunch my hair again to remove the hard film from the crystallized gel. Shake it around upside down to create volume.

Done!

Hair Cut and Shape
I also go to Devachan salon for my haircut about every 6 months, sometimes longer since my hair doesn't grow very fast in general.

They cut your hair dry in it's curly state.

I ask for a senior stylist when I make an appointment to the salon, which is a bit more expensive. But, since I don't really go too often, it's reasonable.
The last person to give me a hair cut was Marvin @ the Broadway Location.
He gave me great shape and I would go to him again.

As your hair grows out, the overall shape remains.

:-)

Hope this helps,
Awilda

0 comments:

Post a Comment