Tuesday, July 7, 2009

MAC Colour Craft Collection Haulin'!

Hi Beauties,

If you are tuned in to my twitter, you'll know that I went over to MAC today to check out the MAC Colour Craft Collection.

As usual, I'd like to share with you what I picked up and my initial thoughts.
Sunny By Nature MSF
By far the prettiest and most wearable of the bunch. They are all fabulous but I know that the few MSF's I own sit inside my vanity desperately waiting to get used. Unfortunately, MAC has a habit of going overboard on the shimmer.
*****"Dearest MAC, We the makeup-addicts also have day (office) jobs, and we, really don't look good under office lighting with those gold cheeks! The MSF's are too shimmery".*****

Anyway, it is a beautiful bronzey color with a few veins in light pink. This one is fantastic for contouring, bronzing or even allover the face for a warmer skin tone. This color may be too light for darker WOC but the "Warm Blend"* 3-color MSF will probably work perfectly. *disclaimer: it has gold shimmer. Read above.*

Style Demon Mineralize Blush
Deep cinnamon-rose with gold shimmer. When I got home I compared it on my Brunette MSF and they are quite similar. I may have to exchange this one. :-(


Nice Mix Up Lipglass (marbled)
Gorgeous orangey-bronze color. The consistency is quite sticky but the color payoff is way better than the Tri-color Lipglasses from the Sugarsweet Collection. Overall a nice addition but not a must have.

Miss Marble Lipglass (marbled)
This is soft muted pink color. I have an abnormal obsession with pink lipglosses/lipsticks/blushes, whatever, that I felt I needed this one. But if you are 'normal' and you have other pinks this is not a must have.

Trimming Talk Lipstick (Frost)
GORGEOUS! WOW! I love this color. The frost part is barely noticeable but the pink is to die for! You do need to add 2+ coats to hide the pigmentation from your own lips but once you do, it's amazing. I am wearing it as I type this and I don't want to take it off. LOL

MAC 131 Brush
I haven't tried this brush yet but I can see myself using it for liquid foundation, powder blushes, cream blushes, MSFs and highlight. It really is too expensive as are most MAC brushes, but I just see so many possibilities with this one.

Happy Shopping!

XOXO,
Awilda

0 comments:

Post a Comment